Economic Development Services implements Council's commitment to economic growth in the City of Oshawa through strategic activities that enhance job growth and create investment opportunities in the City.
Key activities include:
- continuing downtown revitalization
- pursuing commercial and industrial investment
- working with the existing business base to encourage further investment
- actively encouraging the growth of the City's post-secondary educational institutions
- promoting and leveraging Oshawa's key arts and culture strengths and assets
- strategically managing the City's infrastructure assets at the Airport