City Clerk Services
- Manage and co-ordinate City records through life cycle of creation, maintenance, use and disposition; establish corporate policies; provide advice, research and assistance to staff, recommend cost-effective storage mediums; preserve records of enduring value. Provide for record security; streamline access to records; minimize duplication and provide suitable storage for paper based media.
- Compile and maintain record inventories, classification system, index and retention schedule; standardize equipment and supplies; provide efficient and economical storage and retrieval , maintain corporate historical and archivial recordss.
- Process requests under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- More about the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and how to make a request
- Application Form and Fact Sheet
- Administer statutory requirements related to municipal elections and the election of representatives to Oshawa City Council, Durham Regional Council, Durham District School Board, Durham Catholic District School Board, Le Conseil scolaire de district du Centre Sud Ouest and Le Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud.
- Conduct municipal elections including candidate registration, public notification of the election process, determining and securing voting locations, recruiting and training election officials, preparing and distributing election supplies, maintaining the Voters' List, tabulating and publishing election results and conducting recounts.
- Municipal elections are conducted every four years. The 2010 Municipal Election was held on October 25, 2010. Information concerning the 2010 Municipal Election is provided on the City's election webpage at www.oshawa.ca/election.
- Is a centralized, multi-channel, front-line service delivery provider responding to requests for information and service from various modes of contact.
- Provides a seamless link between customers and departments through customer reception, data processing for billing and collection acitivities, information, conducting customer surveys, and implementing and reporting on customer service performance measures for the City.
- Click here for more information on Service Oshawa.
- Provide secretariat services to Council, Standing Committees and Advisory Committees including preparation and production of agendas, notices of meetings, minutes and correspondence.
- Provide general information and assistance regarding various aspects of the City or direct inquiries for detailed information.
- Click here for information on City Council and Committees.
|Director:||Sandra Kranc, City Clerk|
|Location:||5th Floor, Rundle Tower, City Hall
50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario, L1H 3Z7