Human Resource Services
Human Resource Services partners with the Corporation and its elected officials to further the corporate mission of fostering a strategic, innovative, performance-based organization committed to continuous improvement. Our long term goal is to empower staff to provide superior customer-focused, cost-effective and quality services to the citizens of the City of Oshawa.
We do this through:
- Focused efforts in organizational development including employee engagement, talent management and change management;
- Development of programs that provide management training to support our managers in dealing with employee issues;
- Developing labour strategy and negotiating collective agreements for two unions (four bargaining units), ensuring the needs of the operation are addressed while managing the risk to the Corporation;
- Facilitation and coordination of employment and recruitment activities to ensure the best candidates consider the Corporation of the City of Oshawa; and
- Development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of foundational human resource services such as attendance management, benefits administration, pension programs, policies and procedures, health and safety, WSIB claims management, grievances and arbitrations, pay equity and compensation.
The Human Resource Services branch of the Corporation of the City of Oshawa provides services to over 1,600 clients, including active and retired employees.
Applications will only be accepted on posted employment opportunities.
Provincial Partnership Council Ontario Employer 2013
At the Corporation of the City of Oshawa, we believe that working closely with school boards in our area is a mutually beneficial experience. Not only are we able to access a young, vibrant and enthusiastic talent pool, we are able to offer students with a meaningful work experience, where they can offer valuable contributions to their community. We believe that our commitment to experiential learning supports the future of our Corporation, our City and our Community.
|Location:||4th Floor, Rundle Tower, City Hall
50 Centre Street South
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7