Do you know a community legend?
A community legend is a person of any age or an organization/group living in Oshawa.
- Made a major impact in an activity, sport or community initiative as a volunteer.
- Helped to improve the quality of life in Oshawa and/or have made an impact on Oshawa at a grass roots level, in arts and culture, sport or community projects.
- Mal has served his community through the Canadian Armed Forces, the Oshawa Fire Department (35 years), as a coach to numerous teams, fundraiser and blood donor (140 units). He is a Life Member of the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #43 and also Drum Major of their Pipe Band.
- A dedicated student who has selflessly given her time to volunteer in her community at the Y.M.C.A., a local seniors centre, Lakeridge Health, as an afterschool helper and at various City events as well as helping to building schools in Africa.
- 42 years of community service with the trade union, Meals on Wheels and the Auto Workers Community Credit Union.
- Significant contribution of time and talent to social causes and political parties.
- A tireless volunteer devoted to numerous charities.
- Dedication and leadership in the development of rugby in Oshawa.
- Advocating for the health, welfare and happiness of senior citizens.
Oshawa Block Parents Association
- Providing a safe haven for the children in our community.
Community Legends Nominations for 2017 are due December 31, 2017.
Each year a Community Legend is chosen and recognized at Council. A temporary display and a permanent plaque will be installed at the Legends Centre. Nominate someone today!