The Oshawa Edge
Few cities in North America are fortunate enough to have all the amenities that are available in the City of Oshawa. Located on the north shore of Lake Ontario in the eastern portion of the Greater Toronto Area, Oshawa is served by multi-lane expressways, a full-service municipal airport, a deep-water port, commuter trains and buses and two national freight railways. Oshawa is the largest municipality within Durham Region. With over 600,000 residents in Durham Region and a larger market of more than 120 million people within a days drive, Oshawa is the location of choice for business.
Our Business Advantages
- The most affordable business location within the largest Canadian consumer market.
- The most affordable residential location within the largest Canadian consumer market.
- A large labour force skilled in current occupations and methods of doing business.
- Training and education facilities recognized by the private sector for skills achievements, including three universities and one college in addition to customized training for business.
- Linkage by any type of transportation method to any market.
- A local business environment and attitude that welcomes change, growth and new opportunities.
- Abundant, serviced "green field" business locations with direct access to expressways.
- An inventory of existing locations ready for occupancy.
|Location:||Economic Development Services
2nd Floor, Rundle Tower, City Hall
50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario, L1H 3Z7
|Phone:||905-436-5617 or toll-free from anywhere in North America at