Volunteer with City Events and Recreation Programs!
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with City Events. Click on the links below ( when active) for more information on volunteer opportunities pertaining to each of our events.
- Peony Festival in June
- Canada Day in July
- Santa's Parade of Lights in November
- Christmas Tree Lighting in November
- Oshawa Celebrates in December
Pan Am 2015
Oshawa will be hosting numerous events leading up to the 2015 games.
Volunteers,14 years and older, can assist with the following recreation programs where opportunities are available:
- Arts, Dance or Drama
Volunteer positions in recreation are ideal for high school students, looking to complete their 40 hours of community service.
Next recruitment for volunteers will be for the Fall 2015 session. Deadline for applications is September 16, 2015.
How to volunteer for Recreation Programs
- You must be 14 years and older.
- Complete a Volunteer Placement Form and return it to one of the City’s recreation facilities (listed below).
- Selected volunteers will be contacted to attend an orientation and interview session. These are scheduled in September and January.
- Criminal Information Requests are required. At the orientation, potential volunteers will be issued a letter that can be submitted to the police requesting a CIR.
|Arts Resource Centre
45 Queen St.
Oshawa, ON L1H 3Z7
|Civic Recreation Complex
99 Thornton Rd S.
Oshawa, ON L1J 5Y1
|Donevan Recreation Complex
171 Harmony Rd South
Oshawa, ON L1H 6T4
1661 Harmony Rd. N.
Oshawa, ON L1H 7K5
|Northview Community Centre
150 Beatrice St.
Oshawa, ON L1G 7T6
|South Oshawa Community Centre
1455 Cedar St.
Oshawa, ON L1J 0A8
Rose Mary Mason
Events & Community Engagement