Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates
Application forms for birth, marriage and death certificates, for events which occurred in Ontario, may be obtained Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Oshawa City Hall or from any other municipal office in Ontario.
The City of Oshawa does not issue these certificates and if you have any questions or require further information (including information on birth events which occured in Oshawa after February 23, 2009) please contact the Office of the Registrar General by phone at: 1-800-461-2156 or 1-416-325-8305 or by fax at: (807) 343-7459.
- First birth certificate: $25
- Replacement birth certificate: $35
- First certified copy: $35
- Replacement certified copy of birth certificate: $45
- Search letter (a letter saying the birth is on file): $15
Marriage or Death Certificates:
- File size: $15
- Long form/certified copy: $22
For information on any events occuring in Oshawa, you can reach us at:
1st Floor, West Wing, City Hall
50 Centre Street South, Oshawa, Ontario, L1H 3Z7