Municipal Law Enforcement and Licensing Services
Municipal Law Enforcement and Licensing Services is responsible for:
- Investigating by-law complaints
- Enforcing by-law regulations and standards
- Achieving resolutions to by-law infractions through voluntary compliance or prosecution
- The administration and inspection of property-related applications including: Two-unit Houses, Group Homes, Pool Enclosures, Lodging Houses, and Residential Rental Housing Licensing
- Issuing business and marriage licences
- Public education
The Branch enforces and administers by-laws that establish minimum standards of health and safety in the community in addition to overseeing and managing standards which contribute to maintaining our City’s image and character.
1st Floor, West Wing, City Hall
50 Centre Street South
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.