Licensing Services is responsible for administering the issuance of various licences and permits. The Division administers regulatory services which address public health and safety, consumer protection, fairness in business practices and the equitable delivery of gaming and fundraising activities.
Licensing Services provides:
- Business and Animal Licensing as well as Vital Statistics (provided by the Business Licensing section)
- Property Licensing and Regulation (provided by the Municipal Licensing and Standards section)
The Business Licensing section provides the following services:
- Pet Licensing
- Business Licensing
- Lottery Licensing and regulating lotteries for the Province of Ontario through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario to ensure fair and equitable gaming and fundraising for patrons and charities
- Marriage Licensing
- Taxicab Licensing
- Death Registration
Municipal Licensing and Standards
- Residential Rental Housing Licensing (RRHL)
- Lodging House Licensing
- Pool Enclosure Permits
- Registration of a Group Home
- Registration of a Two-Unit House
- Search of Records Request (Compliance Letter)
- Exemptions to Fence and Sight Triangle Standards
1st Floor, West Wing, City Hall
50 Centre Street South
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7
Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.