Skip to main content

Erosion Control Works On Private Property

The City has approved a cost sharing policy to assist private property owners in correcting creek bank erosion along their property. The policy will only apply where the City determines that upstream development has been a contributing factor.

What is the cost share?

The total cost of the project shall be assessed as 85% City and 15% property owner.

What if I want to petition the City to do the work?

Generally the City will not work on individual properties. Projects are carried out on a reach by reach basis. You should first contact the City to determine the project limits. You will then need to contact all affected property owners to sign a petition for the work. All property owners must agree.

Will I need to contribute anything further than my share of the cost?

If the project is approved, the City will require you to enter into a formal agreement. In addition to costs, the City will require permanent easements for the improvements.

For a full copy of the policy contact Engineering Services.

Location: Engineering Services
9th Floor, Rundle Tower, City Hall
50 Centre Street South
Oshawa, Ontario L1H 3Z7
Phone: 905-436-5606
Toll Free: 1-800-667-4292
Fax: 905-436-5694
TTY: 905-436-5627