Indoor Sports Activities and Rentals
The City of Oshawa has a variety of opportunities to get involved with sports activities. Indoor and Outdoor facilities available for sport rentals.
- Arena Floor Rentals
- Badminton, Tennis and Squash Court Rentals
- Batting Cage Rentals
- Beach Volleyball Courts
- Civic Recreation Complex Fieldhouse Information and Rentals
- Fieldhouse Rentals
- Gymnasium Rentals
- Indoor and Outdoor Track Information
- Oshawa Indoor Soccer League (OISL)
- Outdoor Tennis Court Locations
- Pickleball Court Locations
- Sports Drop-In Schedule
- Sport Programs
- View Gymnasium and Meeting Room Availability
The City of Oshawa has 5 arena floors available to rent from May to August. Hourly fees range from $70.80 to $97.64 (plus applicable tax). For more information please contact the Facility Booking Office at 905-436-3888.
The Civic Recreation Complex has the following indoor courts available for rent:
- 2 indoor badminton courts
- 4 indoor tennis courts
- 2 international squash courts
Racquet Sport Fees
|Court Type||Duration||Member Fee*||Non-Member Fee|
|Tennis - Singles||1 hour||$2.72||$13.56|
|Tennis - Doubles||1 hour||$2.72||$6.78|
|Badminton - Singles||1 hour||$2.72||$8.38|
|Badminton - Doubles||1 hour||$2.72||$4.20|
|Squash||40 min.||No Charge||$8.38|
Member Fee* is applicable to those who have a valid Racquet Sport Add-on.
Racquet Sport Add-on members have advanced booking privileges and reduced court fees. See more on Membership Fees.
Racquet Sport Hours
The Civic Recreation Complex courts, especially tennis, are very busy. Your expectation should be to play only one to two games per week. Court availability is greater during weekday daytime hours as opposed to evenings or weekends. Children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Badminton and Tennis:
- Monday to Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 1 hour bookings starting on the half hour
- Monday to Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 8:40 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- 40 minute bookings
Booking a Court
- Call 905-436-5454 after 8:00am or book in person at the Civic Recreation Complex Reception Desk.
- Members with Racquet Sports Add-on can book seven days in advance. Non-members can only book one day in advance.
- Customers cannot book courts on someone else's behalf. The only exception is the ability to book for a family member if both customers are Racquet Sport Add-on members.
- For tennis singles play, maximum of 1 hour court time is allowed. Additional time may be booked 24 hours in advance or at time of payment, if space is available.
- For tennis doubles play, a maximum of 2 hours court time is allowed.
- For squash bookings, there is a maximum booking of two, 40-minute consecutive sessions.
- Morning bookings (those before noon) must be cancelled by 6:00 p.m. the previous day.
- Afternoon bookings (noon or later) must be cancelled by 9:00 a.m.
- No charge to reschedule within the same day if courts are available.
- No-shows and cancellations outside of the above timelines will be charged a No Show Court Fee of $11.09 and will be added to the account of the player who booked the court. This fee must be paid prior to the player using the courts again.
Asphalt tennis courts are available for use on a first come, first serve basis at the following locations:
|Location||# of Courts||Lights|
|Brookside Park||2||Out of Service|
|Conlin Woods Park||1||No|
|North Oshawa - East||2||Yes|
|North Oshawa - West||3||Yes|
|Stone Street Park||4||Yes|
NOTE: Large groups (church groups, schools or sports groups) wanting exclusive use of the tennis courts are to contact the Facility Booking Office 905-436-3888 to book. There is no fee for booking an outdoor tennis court.
Outdoor Courts Opening and Closings
- Tennis Court nets and posts will be installed the second week in April. Lights will be available as of the first week in May.
- Tennis Court nets and posts will be removed the second week in November. Lights will be turned off the last week in October.
Pickleball court lines have been added to the following asphalt tennis courts. Courts are available for use on a first come, first serve basis.
|Location||# of Courts||Lights|
|Stone Street Park||4||Yes|
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a cross between tennis, table tennis and badminton. It is played on a court slightly smaller than a tennis court with wooden paddles and a plastic whiffle ball. The object of the game is to hit the ball so that your opponent is unable to hit it back over the net.
Batting cages are now available to rent at the Civic Fieldhouse. Pitching machines are currently set up to accommodate hardballs only. Hardballs are provided/preferred. If you choose to provide your own hardballs, they must be the same weight and all new or all old. Mixing of balls is not permitted to ensure pitching accuracy and consistency. Pitch speed can be adjusted, ranging from 1-10 or 50-70 mph. Helmets are provided and are highly recommended to wear.
- Batting Cage Equipment: $17.13/rental (plus applicable tax).
- In order to use the batting cage, a user must rent a 1/4 field in the fieldhouse. See more information on Fieldhouse Rental Fees.
Gymnasiums are available to rent at Legends Centre, Mary Street Community School, Northview Community Centre, and on evenings and weekends only at GL Roberts (through South Oshawa Community Centre).
- Half Gym: $31.50/hour (plus applicable tax). Minimum 2 hour booking.
- Full Gym: $66.63/hour (plus applicable tax). Minimum 2 hour booking.
An Application for Use of City Owned Facilities is required to rent any of these facilities. Please complete and forward to the appropriate location:
|Mary Street Community School||905-436-3888||905-436-3893|
|Northview Community Centre||905-432-1984||905-432-1990|
|GL Roberts (through South Oshawa C.C.)||905-436-5474||905-436-5475|