Cash, Interac, money order or cheques are methods of payments accepted for property taxes. Make cheque payable to the City of Oshawa, record roll number on the front of your cheque and include your tax bill payment stub.
There are a number of ways to pay your tax bill.
- Sign up for our Pre-authorized Payment Plan;
- In person at Service Oshawa;
- By mail (cheque only);
- By external drop box located outside the main entrance on the south side of City Hall (cheque only);
- At most chartered banks and financial institutions in person, by telephone banking or online banking (subject to bank charges if applicable);
- Through a mortgage company; if you pay your property taxes to a mortgage company, the company submits the payment to the City on your behalf.
Make payments on or before the due date shown on your tax bill to avoid late payment charges of 1.25% calculated monthly from the first day of the month.
Mortgage Company Payments
If you pay your property taxes through your mortgage company, the tax bill you receive by epost or mail is the official receipt for your property taxes.
You may need to take action if you have:
- changed mortgage companies and the new company will be paying your property taxes - please contact the new company concerning payment arrangements;
- renegotiated your mortgage and your mortgage company is no longer paying your property taxes - please pay the amounts of the property tax bill received by epost or mail on the respective due dates indicated;
- sold your property - please provide a copy of your property tax bill received by epost or mail to your lawyer.