The City of Oshawa offers seniors and persons with disabilities, who live on a corner lot of a City road, assistance with side boulevard grass cutting. Please note:
- Only the side boulevard of a City road (not a Regional road) is included in this program
- The front boulevard (in front of the house) is NOT included in this program
To participate in the program:
- You must live in a single family dwelling that is located on a corner lot of a City road (not a Regional road)
- There must be no able-bodied person under the age of 65 living at the residence
- You must be 65 years of age or older OR have a permanent or a temporary disability - proof of senior status or disability must accompany your application
To register for the Side Boulevard Grass Cutting Program, please complete the application and deliver to Service Oshawa. Residents must confirm yearly that they wish to remain in the program.
Frequency of cuts:
- The Side Boulevard Grass Cutting Program begins the 1st or 2nd week of May and ends October 15
- Grass cutting is weather dependent and monitored by Parks staff:
- Cuts occur more often during spring and fall than during a mid-summer dry spell
- Cuts do not occur on a scheduled day
- The side boulevard will be cut 13 times a year (generally, once every 2 weeks)
Does the City spray dandelions?