The City monitors, regulates and enforces parking regulations on City streets in order to meet the needs of residents, businesses and visitors.
We offer a variety of parking permit options and we provide lots of parking options in the downtown.
General parking regulations
Unless otherwise signed, all streets have a 3 hour limit and:
- there is no parking on-street from December 1 to April 1 from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- parking is prohibited on sidewalks, boulevards and front yards year-round.
The Traffic By-law outlines all parking regulations in the City.
Tips for avoiding parking tickets
- Watch for signs
- Read the parking meters and machines
- Be courteous - do not park in accessible parking spaces
- Do not park on or over sidewalks
- Park safely at and around schools
- Err on the side of caution
- Do not park on street when snow clear operations are in affect
- Call us if you are not sure of the restrictions in any area