Current road and sidewalk closures
We post Oshawa road and sidewalk closures due to construction, maintenance or events on the News and Alerts webpage. Sign up to have notices sent to your email.
City engineering projects
The Engineering Services branch is responsible for various engineering studies and infrastructure projects throughout the city. More information on current engineering projects and studies is available below:
- The 2016 List of Engineering Services Capital Program Projects provides an alphabetical list of project locations and anticipated timing. Please contact Engineering Services at 905-436-5606 for information about the 2016 List of Engineering Capital Program Projects. Please note that the projects are subject to change.
- Visit our Studies page for information and status of various engineering studies.
Regional road projects
Other infrastructure projects
- The Highway 407 East project is underway to construct a new highway that will run eastward from the end of Highway 407 Express Toll Route at Brock Road in Pickering to Highway 35/115 in Clarington. The first section of the extension will stretch 22 kilometres from Brock Road in Pickering through to Harmony Road in Oshawa.
- The Ontario Ministry of Transportation is undertaking a Class Environmental Assessment and Preliminary Design Study along Highway 401 from Brock Road in the City of Pickering to Courtice Road in the Municipality of Clarington. For more information contact David Fallows, MTO Project Manager at David.Fallows@ontario.ca or 416-235-5519.
- An assessment is underway to determine a route for TransCanada's Proposed Eastern Mainline Project, which includes proposed gas pipeline routing through the City of Oshawa.
- Visit the Enbridge Line 9 Reversal website for information on the Eastern Canadian Refinery Access Initiative.