Doors Open Ontario is a province-wide celebration that provides a unique opportunity to explore and enjoy sometimes hidden and always interesting places and spaces in cities across Ontario - all free of charge!
Doors Open Oshawa is an annual event where you can explore different heritage and cultural sites in Oshawa. Spend a day discovering local history first-hand and celebrate our community heritage.
Doors Open Oshawa 2017 will take place on Saturday, September 30, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The theme, in celebration of the 150th Anniversary of Confederation, is Our Identity.
View an ebook now or download the 2016 Doors Open Oshawa brochure now.
Sites for 2017
- New! Parkwood Estate, 270 Simcoe Street North: Tour the gardens, greenhouses and The Lodge. Celebrating 100 years!
- Oshawa City Hall, 50 Centre Street South: Visit the Council Chamber
- The Robert McLaughlin Gallery, 72 Queen Street: Hands-on activities with local artists. Celebrating 50 years!
- Cowan House, 39 Athol Street West: Built in 1858.
- St. George's Memorial Church, 51 Centre Street South: Designed by Eden Smith.
- Simcoe Street United Church, 66 Simcoe Street South: Built in 1867. Celebrating 200 years!
- Canadian Automotive Museum, 99 Simcoe Street South: See vehicles from 1902 to 1988.
- Pine Ridge Model Train Club, 32 Wilson Road North: Discover a miniature world.
- Simcoe Hall Settlement House, 387 Simcoe Street South: Archival photos.
- Oshawa Museum, will present tours at Union Cemetery, 760 King Street West. The museum is celebrating 60 years!
- Camp X-Intrepid Park, Boundary Road, tours at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.: Tour the site of a spy training camp.
- Ontario Regiment Museum, 1000 Stevenson Road North, Oshawa Airport South Field
- Oshawa Masonic Centre, 91 Centre Street South
- St. George's the Great Martyr, Ukrainian Catholic Church, 597 Albert Street South
All downtown sites have street parking, which is free on Saturday. Many sites have parking lots.
For information about how to volunteer for Doors Open Oshawa 2017, please view our Recreation and Events page or email the Events Coordinator.
Doors Open Oshawa is an open public event. Some photographers may be present taking photos and video footage at this event. By participating, you consent to use by the City of Oshawa of such images, which may be used without further notification to you at a later date on City-owned and non-City-owned property, print media, digital media, the Internet, social media sites, media releases and broadcasts.
Photo Gallery: Doors Open Oshawa will appear here on the public site.