Doors Open Ontario is a province-wide celebration that provides a unique opportunity to explore and enjoy sometimes hidden and always interesting places and spaces in cities across Ontario - all free of charge!
Doors Open Oshawa is an annual event where you can explore different heritage and cultural sites in Oshawa. Spend a day discovering local history first-hand and celebrate our community heritage.
Doors Open Oshawa 2016 will take place on Saturday, October 1, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The theme is Medical Science and Innovation.
Sites for 2016
- Oshawa City Hall, 50 Centre Street South
- The Robert McLaughlin Gallery, 72 Queen Street
- Cowan House, 39 Athol Street West
- St. George's Memorial Church, 51 Centre Street South
- Simcoe Street United Church, 66 Simcoe Street South
- The Living Room Community Art Studio, 149 Simcoe Street South
- Islamic Centre of Oshawa, 23 Lloyd Street
- Canadian Automotive Museum, 99 Simcoe Street South
- Regent Theatre, 50 King Street East
- U.O.I.T., 61 Charles Street
- Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame, General Motors Centre, 99 Athol Street East
- New! Pine Ridge Model Train Club, 32 Wilson Road North
- Simcoe Hall Settlement House, 387 Simoce Street South
- Henry House, Oshawa Museum, 1450 Simcoe Street South
- Camp X-Intrepid Park, Boundary Road, tours at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Ontario Regiment Museum, 1000 Stevenson Road North, Oshawa Airport South Field
- Oshawa Executive Airport, 1200 Airport Boulevard
- New! Lakeridge Health Oshawa, LHEARN Centre, 1 Hospital Court
- New! Science & Spectacle; a walking tour through Alexandra Park and surrounding neighbourhood. Tours every 30 minutes from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For information about how to volunteer for Doors Open Oshawa 2016, please view our Recreation and Events page or email the Events Coordinator.
Photo Gallery: Doors Open Oshawa will appear here on the public site.