Whether you're visiting for a few hours or a few days, Oshawa is a community filled with entertainment, national historic sites, top-rated restaurants, a mix of local and brand name shopping and, of course, plenty of green space!
Oshawa is proudly home to a variety of must-see attractions and activities including...
- Parkwood National Historic Site - The famous home built by auto baron R.S. McLaughlin, is now a museum full of inspirational and innovative detail. This prominent landmark has also been the location of choice for blockbuster films such as X-Men and Billy Madison - @ParkwoodEstate
- Canadian Automotive Museum - Housed in an authentic 1920's car dealership, this museum contains more than 60 vehicles in its popular display
- General Motors Centre - Located in the heart of Downtown Oshawa, is the entertainment hub for Durham Region. Home to the Oshawa Power NBL team, the Oshawa Generals OHL team and the Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame...all in addition to countless entertainment acts every year - @GMCentre
- The Robert McLaughlin Gallery (RMG) - The largest public gallery in Durham Region and features a permanent collection of more than 4,000 works of art - @TheRMG
- Top Rated Annual Festivals! - Fiesta Week, AutoFest, RibFest and North America's largest contemporary Peony Festival...to name a few
For the outdoor enthusiast:
- Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens - the site of North America's largest contemporary Peony collection
- Oak Ridges Moraine - home to the Treetop Eco-Adventure Park, the GTA's newest zip-line and outdoor adventure park - @TreeTopEco
- Beautiful & Pristine Wildlife Reserves - Pumphouse Marsh, Second Marsh and the McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve
- Lakeview Park - the scenic location of the Oshawa Community Museum's three nineteenth century homes, several picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields, a waterfront pier and, of course, sandy beaches
- Outstanding Restaurants - for all tastes - check out Downtown Oshawa's exclusive Dining Guide for your own peek inside the city's local food district
- The Oshawa Centre - the largest and busiest shopping centre in Durham Region, is home to more than 200 establishments that include retail, food and a variety of services - @OshawaCentre
- Downtown Oshawa - Boasts a variety of unique local retail establishments and outstanding restaurants. Annual events in the Downtown core include Show and Shine, the Festival of Murals and the AutoFest Kick-Off - @OshawaDowntown
- Retail Centres - Oshawa is home to a variety of shopping districts including the Harmony/Taunton Shopping Centre and the Stevenson Road Smart Centre
We hope you enjoy your stay in Oshawa and come back soon!