Oshawa is a community filled with entertainment, historic sites, top-rated restaurants and a mix of local and brand name shopping. Visitors and residents enjoy top entertainers and concerts, award-winning events, cultural experiences and, of course, our green spaces and trails!
Oshawa is proudly home to a variety of must-see attractions and activities including...
- Parkwood National Historic Site - The famous home built by auto baron R.S. McLaughlin, is now a museum full of inspirational and innovative detail. This prominent landmark has also been the location of choice for blockbuster films such as X-Men and Billy Madison - @ParkwoodEstate
- Canadian Automotive Museum - Housed in an authentic 1920's car dealership, this museum contains more than 60 vehicles in its popular display
- General Motors Centre - Located in the heart of Downtown Oshawa, is the entertainment hub for Durham Region. Home to the Oshawa Generals OHL team and the Oshawa Sports Hall of Fame...all in addition to countless entertainment acts every year - @GMCentre
- The Robert McLaughlin Gallery (RMG) - The largest public gallery in Durham Region and features a permanent collection of more than 4,000 works of art - @TheRMG
- The Oshawa Military Museum - Offers unique displays and collections of medals, uniforms, manuscripts and photos, and also maintains Canada's largest collection of operational military vehicles
- Top Rated Annual Festivals! - AutoFest, RibFest and the award-winning Fiesta Week and Peony Festival
For the outdoor enthusiast:
- Oshawa Valley Botanical Gardens - the site of North America's largest contemporary Peony collection
- Oak Ridges Moraine - home to the Treetop Eco-Adventure Park, the GTA's newest zip-line and outdoor adventure park - @TreeTopEco
- Beautiful & Pristine Wildlife Reserves - Pumphouse Marsh, Second Marsh and the McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve
- Lakeview Park - the scenic location of the Oshawa Community Museum's three nineteenth century homes, several picnic areas, playgrounds, sports fields, a waterfront pier and, of course, sandy beaches
- The Oshawa Centre - the largest and busiest shopping centre in Durham Region, is home to more than 200 establishments that include retail, food and a variety of services - @OshawaCentre
- Downtown Oshawa - Boasts a variety of unique local retail establishments and outstanding restaurants. Annual events in the Downtown core include the Original Downtown Sidewalk Sale, the Festival of Murals and the AutoFest Kick-Off - @OshawaDowntown
- Retail Centres - Oshawa is home to a variety of shopping districts including the Harmony/Taunton Shopping Centre and the Stevenson Road Smart Centre
Oshawa Tourist Information Centre:
The Oshawa Tourist Information Centre is operated by the Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce and is located at 2 Bloor Street East (Bloor and Simcoe intersection). The Centre is open each day from Victoria Day through to Labour Day from 9:00am to 6:30pm.
Traveling for work or pleasure, Oshawa offers a great selection of hotel accommodations.
- Best Western Durham Hotel & Conference Centre - 559 Bloor Street West
- Comfort Inn - 605 Bloor Street West
- La Quinta Inn & Suites - 63 King Street East
- Quality Hotel & Conference Centre - 1011 Bloor Street
- Residence & Conference Centre - 32 Commencement Drive
COMING SOON - Holiday Inn Express & Convention Centre Downtown Oshawa and Marriott Residence Inn