Posted on Thursday, July 22, 2021 07:30 AM
The future of health care is in Oshawa and we need your help!
The City of Oshawa is calling on community members to complete Lakeridge Health’s survey and share why a site in north Oshawa is the ideal location for a new hospital in Durham Region.
- Oshawa is geographically centred to meet population growth in all of Durham.
- Oshawa is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Durham and will require future expanded health care services.
- Oshawa is a TeachingCity. Home to Durham College, Ontario Tech...
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2021 10:00 AM
TD Bank Group Vice President and Deputy Chief Economist Derek Burleton virtually addressed over 150 local business professionals and community leaders from across the GTA at the City of Oshawa’s Economic Outlook Event on May 20.
Deputy Chief Economist Burleton highlighted key aspects of the global, national, and Ontario economies, as well as a local perspective on Oshawa’s economic landscape.
Mr. Burleton noted that Canada’s prospects for economic growth are showing strength going into the second half...
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2021 10:30 AM
With provincial government orders and healthy authority guidelines allowing for the reintroduction of outdoor dining, the City of Oshawa encourages community members to support Oshawa businesses by enjoying local cuisine on patios across the city.
The City of Oshawa’s expedited temporary patio programs allow restaurants to expand outside of their four walls, or their existing patio. The Temporary Patio Programs initiative was informed by an action item from the Mayor’s Economic Recovery Task Force...
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2021 06:15 AM
The City of Oshawa is pleased to announce the appointment of Hailey Wright as the new Director of Economic Development Services.
Hailey Wright’s appointment was officially announced on her first day in her new role during the June 7 Development Services Committee meeting.
Prior to joining the City, Hailey Wright held a number of positions at Trent University Durham GTA for more than a decade, most recently as Manager, Community Relations and Articulation. A Trent University alumni, Hailey is a lifelong...
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2021 11:00 AM
Construction value issued in Oshawa saw an increase last month, with the City of Oshawa setting three building records for the months of April and May 2021:
- Highest number of permits issued in April on record with 370 (surpassing record of 276 set in 2015).
- Highest number of townhouses issued in April on record with 212 (surpassing 127 set in 1977).
- Highest industrial value issued in May on record with $15.2 million (surpassing record of $5.03 million set in 1980.
During the month of April, the City...